Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sniper B3

Name: Seth Worthen
Class Period: B3
Book Title: Sniper
Author: Theodore Taylor
Pages: 240
Rating: ***

Recommendation: I would recommend this book to all animal lovers or haters. If you like mysteries than you would probably like this book. Don't read this book if you can't stand reading about animals dying.

Summary: This book is about a family that has lions on their preserve. The parents go away to Africa to do a documentary. They leave their son, Ben, at home with some other helpers to take care of the lions. One morning, Ben comes out of the house and sees two lions dead. Ben immediately thinks that it is a neighbor trying to get them off the territory. The cops get alerted and they try to help. Ben tries to cover the lions so that the sniper can't kill any more, will it work? Who did it? Read the book to find out!

Explanation of rating: I rated it a three star because I think it is a good book. It is well written, and is a real hooking book. I have read other books that have been better. For example, I have read Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl which have been in my eyes a lot better than Sniper. I have also read worse books. Like City of Ember and others like it. So I rated Sniper in the middle.

Favorite Passage: "Arson. Deliberately set. Richie, Ben immediately thought. Had he gone insane?" - page 144

I really like this passage because it makes you believe that Richie is the one that is killing all of the cats. It also tells you what Ben is thinking...it is also the passage that explains the most about what is going on!

No comments: