Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kortnie Call
A2
Book: Chicken Soup for the horse lover’s soul
Author: Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Marty Becker, DVM, Gary Seidler, Peter Vegso and Theresa Peluso . . .
Pages: 414
Rating: *****

Recommendation: I would recommend everyone that loves horses to read this book. Because it has very interesting stories about horses and the bonds they share with their owners. You will find in this amazing book what it’s like to be a true horseman.

Summary: Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover’s soul is filled with people that share there amazing and sometimes not so amazing stories about horses and themselves. You will find stories in this book so moving you may end up crying and some stories will make you laugh. Also you will find out that the relationship between a people and their horses are unlike any other out there. The stories are filled with heartbreaking, loving, and rescue, with uplifting and funny stories. In this book you learn that horses teach us, heal us, protect us and inspire us in so many ways. The main purpose of this book was to get people to understand the close bond and the relationship between humans and horses. This book will make you want to go out and by a horse you can just cherish all for yourself. Horses show the most compassion no human could ever show to the heart. They fill that empty space you have always wanted to fill. Horses are your best friends, they will never tell your secrets, there always there for you to talk to and just be in your heart.

Explanation of rating: I gave this book a five because, I can relate to a lot of the stories, and with the wonderful experiences the horses have with their owners. I know what it’s like to have a special bond between a horse and a person. It’s one of the strongest feelings you could ever have with something that is so amazing to have in your life. They are honorable and noble creatures. They will stay with you forever; also they will never let you down, they always no how to lift you back from a hard time. And always put a big smile on your face.

Favorite passage: My favorite passage from this book is a certain story that is called “Side by Side.” Found on chapter five.

I love this passage because it shows the true meaning of a horse being with you forever. They will always be by your side. Also I relate a lot to this passage because I have gone though a similar experience with my horses. My horses and I have such a close bond they will always be in my heart and I will always carry them in my soul.

No comments: