Tuesday, October 20, 2009

H.I.V.E. High Institute of Villanous Education Book 1 B4

Devon Goates B4
Author: Mark Walden
Pages: 309
Rating: **** Really liked it!

Recommendation: This book is really fun to read. I would suggest this to anyone who likes to read a good story about intellectual people trying to escape from a world that they are using but don't want to be part of. This book gives questions that aren't answered.

Summary: Otto Malpense is thirteen years old, manages to run the orphanage where he live, and come up with a revenge plot to use on the most powerful man in the country.
Because of his revenge he is kidnapped by a H.I.V.E. operative to become part of the alpha group, one of four groups that come to H.I.V.E. to be educated in the art of villainy. He finds that other students at H.I.V.E. want to escape too. They form a team to try and escape. While trying to escape they find friends and enemies.

Explanation of Rating: I liked this book because it made me feel like there was a world that I could escape from and watch as the events played out in front of me. When I first started reading it was kind of dull but as I kept reading it got more exciting. I like this kind of book because fantasy kind of makes you feel like your one of the characters.

Favorite passage: I don't think that I have a favorite passage really I liked the whole book. But if I would have to choose it would have to be: "I'm not like other children, you know that. They just take so long to understand every thing that I get bored waiting. It's not my fault if I'm better then them," Otto replied matter-of-factly. "I've already learned everything that's being covered in classes, and I'm starting to wonder if I should even be there." He folded his arms defiantly.

I like this passage because Otto feels confident that he is so smart that he doesn't need to go to school.

No comments: