Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Alliance

Melissa Daley
B2
The Alliance
Gerald N. Lund
329
****

Recommendation: I recomend this book to anyone who likes a little adventure and excitement. Those who enjoy some conspiracy, mystery and even a little romance would probably enjoy this book. This book is one you won't want to put down.

Summary: This story is about survivors of a nuclear holocaust who are forced to a new society called the Alliance. Eric Lloyd and his village are introduced to this new way of living where there is work and safety and food enough to spare. It seems like a dream come true where no crime, anger and prejudice are allowed. Eric and his family realize the Alliance grants absolutely no freedom to choose as you like. Throughout the whole book Eric continues to uncover new things about this way of life. He feels like a prisoner in this not so perfect world. Eric wants to destroy the Alliance.

Explanation of Rating: I rated this book a four because I found it exciting and enjoyable. It was one I couldn't wait to see how it ended. I usually am not like that with books, I normally get really bored and quit. I like the types of books like the Alliance. It was interesting and fun to read. It was the best novel I have read because I enjoyed it enough to finish.

Favorite Passage: I like the part where he finds out how to end the Alliance because it wants you to keep reading to find out if he succeeds or not.

No comments: