Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Keeper of the night B-1

Name: Asa Kerswell
Class: B-1
Book: Keeper of the night
Author: Kimberly Willis Holt
Pages: 308
Rating: ###

Recommendation: This book is for people who are dark. This book is very interesting to read. You will be depressed for most of the book. But yes it is a beautiful story in a painful kind of way.

Summary: This book is about a girl named Isabel. Isabel's mother took her own life. It is about what she did after this happened. Isabel looks just like her mother, so every one thinks she should do the same thing her mother did. Her family and friends want her to become the "fiesta quine" like her, but she doesn't want to. The story is set on an island called Guam. Isabel has a younger sister named Olivia and a younger brother named Frank. Olivia has the same dream every night and it is a nightmare, so she wets the bed. Frank is the same for the most part, but he does get really depressed about half way through the book. Her dad does not talk very much through out the book.

I gave it a 3 because,
The book is good but it is a little bit dark for me.
I thought it was a good time passer but thats it.
It has some island words that i don't understand, I wish they would have told me what they meant.
Not the best story line but it was ok.
I liked how it described things in the book, it helped me "paint a picture" in my head.

Favorite passage: "About a youngs woman's struggle to protect her famlily after her mother's suicide." Front flap
It tells you the jist of the story.

No comments: