Friday, May 21, 2010

Work and the Glory 4 and 5. A3

Bryndi Hellewell
A3
Work and the Glory 4 and 5
Gerald N. Lund
605, 575
Rating: *****

Recommendations: These books are great for anyone who likes to hear good, inspiring stories. Also, it is really good for those who like to learn and have personal growth. Overall, this is for anyone who likes great books.

Summary: These books are the continued story of the Steed family and their journey's through life. In the first three books Joshua, Benjamin and Mary Ann's oldest son, rebelled and turned away from his family. Well, he returns and his family forgives him. Tragic happens to the saints in Far West and Haun's Mill and the saints are forced to leave. Joshua surprises his family and helps them get out of Far West. The saints go to Nauvoo and build up a community. There, malaria swept through the saints, many died, but many were also healed. Through these books there are many trials and triumphs. Also through these books the whole Steed family is brought together again.

Explanation of Rating: I really enjoyed these books. I have always enjoyed learning about history, but these books made me feel apart of that history. I really liked how I learned from the book but I also really liked it. It showed me how valuable life is. These books drew me in and taught me. They were great books and I will probably read them again sometime.

No comments: