Friday, May 21, 2010

NIght Hoops A-3

Billy Enkhbaatar
A-3
Night Hoops
Carl Deuker
Pages: 175
Rating: ***

Recommendation: This is book is great for anyone that likes sports and basketball. This is a classic sports story. The author will keep you on the edge of your sit.

Summary: The main characters in this story seem so real when you are reading. Nick Abbott is a good basketball player but not as good as Trent Dawson. Nick reminds me of myself because he can improve on his game, but he's a pretty good player. On the other hand, nothing is right in Trent Damson's life. Everything goes wrong and his life at home is unfair. The two become friends and see the inner part of one another. It is an inspirational story. This book is really good and I would defiantly recommend it to people who like basketball and are interested in the hard times of other people's life.

Explanation of Rating: I gave this book a 3 because this book was very good and it kept me interested. I thought it could of had more details on the basketball stuff but it didn't. But i do recommend to people who love sports and basketball.

Favorite passage: "I could hear him breathing, long deep breaths of relief, the gray-white vapor showing against the darkness of the night" Chapter 3

I like this passage because this shows how close they got and became really good friends. Also the title is night hoops and in this part they were playing basketball.

No comments: