Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Greatest Generation A2

Jared Frost
A2
The Greatest Generation
Tom Brokaw
390
****

I would recommend this book to people who like history and who like to learn about other generation.

In this book Tom Brokaw tells the stories of men and women who were born during the great depression and World War II. This Generation was united by a common bond of the war, but also by common values--duty, honor, economy, courage, service, love of family and country. then went on to create interesting and useful lives and the America we have today. This generation shaped the community into what it is today

The reason I gave it the four stars is because this book showed me that I dont have to fallow the social norms of the generation. The book shows you what the generation did to make them great and united. It also helped me look at the traits that i need to work on and be less narcissistic. I loved the book it helped me change.

my favorite quote from the book is by Andy Roony he said " no man is above the law".

No comments: