Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon A3

Name: Saige Avilla
Class: A3
Book: The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
Author: Stephen King
Pages:262
Rating:*****

Recommendation: This book is good for people who like a little mystery and science fiction. This is a book about a girl learning lessons of life and how to stay alive. Anyone could relate to this book and every page will keep you in suspense on what will happen next.

Summary: This is a story about a nine-year-old girl named Trisha (Patricia) who get's lost on a hike in the New Hampshire branch of the Appalachian Trail, she stumbles through the forest trying to find her way back to the trail, back to people. The only company she has is the vision of her favorite player on the Boston Red Sox team, Tom Gordon. Soon night falls and she has to fight for her life to survive through the cold, dark night. She fights for her life and learns what life is about and what her life means to herself. She fights until the end...

Explanation of Rating: I absolutely love Stephen King, and this book just kept me captivated the whole time. I can relate to that little girl going through the woods. And I know that it would be terrifying to get lost in a forest or anywhere for that fact. She goes through the woods and remembers things that her mom had taught her about the forest and uses those skills to her advantage.

Favorite Passage: "I killed the deer. I watched you, and drew my circle around you. Run from me. Worship me with your feet and I may let you live." - chap 9 pg. 246

This is my favorite part because the way it's written is absolutely amazing, the detail in the sentences before and after just make that passage even better. It's talking about a bear and that if you don't respect it for what it has done you wont survive.

No comments: