Friday, May 21, 2010

Anne of Green Gables A3

Name: Tiffany Lee
Class Period: A3
Book Title: Anne of Green Gables
Author Lucy Maud Montgomery
Pages: 297
Rating: ****

Recommendation: I recommend this book to anyone who loves classic American Novel.
Also for those who wants to know more about Anne Shirley, who makes everyone's day better!

Summary: It is about a orphan girl name Anne Shirley. Matthew and Marila cuthbert wanted to adopt a boy who can help them with house work, but something goes wrong and instead of a boy, Anne ends up living in their house. Marila didn't think she would be a good help in anyways but later in her life, she learns to love her because
of her wonderful personality that makes everyone happy.

Explanation of Rating: I've never liked the main character in my life. As I read the book, I totally fell in love with her just as much as other people in the book.
There is no magical creatures, dramatic changes, or even the most romantic love story. It is just about this normal red headed girl who is fun, loving, smart, and caring. I gurantee you that as you read this book, you will fall in love with her as much as I am.

Favorite Passage: "Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"

I absolutely love this passage in the book because it totally shows Anne's curiosity and 'wild imagination and a talent for getting into trouble'. She makes everyone feel better and almost everyone in her life eventually learn to lve her.

No comments: