Friday, May 21, 2010

Dear John A3

Name: Rachel Stay
Class period: A3
Pages: 276
Rating: ****
Recommendations: I recommend this book to teens or college students over adults. They would enjoy it too, but I think that the younger will relate to this book more. But really I think anyone who likes love stories and enjoys sappy romantic stories would really enjoy this book.
Summary: the stories starts in North Carolina where John Tyree is back from serving in the army from Germany. He is relaxing there and enjoying the beaches. At the beach he meets a girl names Savanna Lynn Curtis who is there for a summer mission for habitat for humanitary. John and savannah start talking and hanging out a lot. They just can’t keep apart. He than gets drafted back to Germany and she writes him and tells him that she wants to marry him. He wants to get married. He comes back and gets to know her family and spend more time with him. Than 9/11 happens. He has to leave. It’s hard because he was so ready. They don’t know if this can work. He comes home and makes tuff decisions.
Explanation of rating: I rated these book 4 stars because I really enjoy it a lot. I like how it all went and the things that went on. The book really caught my attention. I really liked that even though things were hard, he went through them. And what ever happened, life still goes on!
Favorite Passage: my favorite passage was he makes the view that through harsh and complex, love transforms us. And I like that because it is true through any hard thing that’s going on we can be transformed!

No comments: